Requirements For Getting Married in Belize
Imagine the most perfect wedding ceremony in the most perfect setting. You are surrounded by lit torches, the serene Mopan River murmurs behind you, grey-fronted doves sing in the trees, and your bride walks toward you carrying her bouquet of fresh, tropical flowers. You exchange vows, and your new life begins in the luxury that is Mahogany Hall Resort.
This boutique Belize hotel offers everything you desire for a perfect wedding and idyllic honeymoon. Our eight luxury rooms enjoy views of the verdant Mopan River, and our deluxe suites each have their own private Jacuzzi. Rico’s Restaurant will serve you and your wedding guests the most sumptuous dishes made from local, in-season ingredients.
Your personal wedding planner will arrange everything for you. Your wish is our command, whether you want simplicity and privacy or a grand event that gives you everything that is unique to Belize. All you have to do is ask.
Your Belize honeymoon will include anything and everything from sitting quietly by our infinity pool and enjoying premium cocktails in our bar, to horse-back riding and tubing down the jade-colored Mopan. Leave slow-paced Bullet Tree Falls Village and venture to the bustling and friendly town of San Ignacio, just five miles away. From there, visit Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins and other ancient Mayan settlements. End your day with a private massage and spa treatment, then let the evening drift by as you sit at a riverside table enjoying a candle-light dinner for two under the stars.
Mahogany Hall Boutique Resort offers everything you can wish for a perfect wedding. Weddings in Belize are easy to arrange and we will help you to arrange everything.
To marry in our beautiful country you must:-
- You must be in Belize for 3 days before you apply for your marriage license. If that is not possible, we can arrange, for an extra fee, for you to have a special license
- We can have the application forms ready for your arrival. You get your license from the Registrar General’s Office in Belize City (Tel: 011 501 223 5625) or from the Solicitor General’s Office
- Bring your passports to show when you arrived in Belize, and your birth certificates. If either of you is divorced or widowed, please bring appropriate documents. All documents must be originals or certified copies with raised seals
- Applications take 2 days to process, and marriages must be registered with the Registrar General
- Have a Justice of the Peace or an approved church minister conduct your ceremony
- Two witnesses, with proof that they are at least 18 years must attend your wedding
- If either of you is under 18, you must provide parental consent for the wedding to take place
- You do not need a blood test
And that is all there is to it. We will offer you all the help you need. Now all you have to do is to reserve your accommodation, ask our wedding planner to make the arrangements, and book your flights.
Contact us today to learn more about our all inclusive Belize wedding packages.